Friday, April 16, 2010

Thoughts and Downtime

Recently while going through my days of work I felt like God was asking me what am I filling my downtime with throughout the day. Previously I was spending all my time looking up a new craft that I could make or seeing what was the next best thing in houses and decorating. All those things are not bad things, but they were comsuming all my extra thoughts and I would come home and feel very drained and frustrated with my situation. About a month or so ago I felt like God said fill your thoughts with honoring things to me and you will find joy and peace.

I began to look for websites/blogs that were encouraging about being a godly woman. I have felt a number of places that have been challenging me to think and find God in daily life. Some days I am so consumed with bordom that I forget how much God can change me and how much he wants to grow me in my walk with him. The blogs I have found especially helpful are to thr right... about amazing women who seek after God's radical call for our life.

As I learn more about Jesus, how much he loves me and how much he loves all of his children. I feel like God calls/puts in us a fierceness for his kingdom- and I am finding that for those who don't feel that it isn't something that only a few feel. No matter what we are doing we can ask God for a fierceness for his kingdom and the things of eternal worth. A small group of women from our church went to a women's retreat in March and at that retreat one of the speakers spoke about being a fierce women for the things of God. During one of the worship times I felt like God was promising that for the women of our church- that we would raise up fierce women that love the Lord and serve him without the world or other people's opinions in mind.

I so long to grow in my fierceness for God's kingdom and to teach others about the treasures that GOd has waiting for us and the plans, THE RADICAL plans he will call us to in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment