Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Father

Last night I stumbled upon a few great things to read. Today I had an opportunity to read "Pastor Dad", written by Mark Driscoll. It is a small transcript about being a father and how Father's are the pastor's of their families. The Link http://relit.org/pastordad/toc.php . Go read it, Even if you aren't well a dad or a man for that matter it is really insightful and an encouragement for why we will fight for our children's hearts.

A few weeks ago I asked Gabe if he had a vision for our family/what he feels like God is calling us to. His answer was no, I have never thought about it. I think his answer is something that every man says. Most men probably think why do I need a vision for my family, well going through this reading encourages it even more and encourages the wives to uplift their husbands in the role instead of trying to dominate.

I have also been reading about how to make Gabe my number one priority in life and the first thing that Elizabeth George says we as wives should do is PRAY. Sounds easy doesn't it well I personally struggle to pray for Gabe but he is the most important ministry in my life after my relationship with God. Sometimes I totally understand that other times I forget and put the women that I am meeting with before Gabe. So Learning how to pray is a challenge but I have been trying and prayers I started praying a few weeks ago God has been blessing because I decided or am trying to make a consciece decision not to control Gabe or force him to be the man I think he should be instead of letting God change him into the man he wants him to be.

So as I was reading this excerpt on "Pastor Dad" I am excited to show it to Gabe and then I will pray that he will teach him to be the most amazing father ever. Driscoll talks about how it is such an honor to share the name Father with the creator of the univers!!!!! Whoa that is amazing! I am so excited to be able to see God's grace in our lives and our future children's some day. Children are blessings and generations of godliness are like jewels on a crown!! We get a chance to build generations of believers through our actions. Kids are not a burden, annoyance, or take to much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment