Friday, April 16, 2010

Godly Submission

This afternoon I pulled out a trusty book, "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. I am currently starting and reading the chapter on God's desire for submission and something that can change any women who struggles with submitting or doesn't know how, she has some great insight.

Elizabeth George says, "Submission is the wife's choice. She decides whether or not to follow her husband. No one can do it for her, and no one can make her do it. Her husband can't make her submit and follow, her church can't make her, her pastor can't make her, and neirther can a counselor.She must decide to choose to defer to her husband and follow his leadership."

Her words are so encouraging. I especially have struggled through this first year of my marriage trying to understand what submission looks like and how to submit because I love Jesus and I love my husband. For me I have experienced my pride and selfishness getting in the way of God's design of submission. By the grace of God and the Holy Spirit he has been speaking to me in each situation about choosing him over my pride. Something to ponder, this can apply to anyone whether married or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment