Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Confession

Goodmorning. I am enjoying the warm weather so much. Last night I had an opportunity to go for a run and play ultimate frisbee for the first time. A guy we were playin with also got stitches!
Gabe has begun to work on our bed and I will try and post pictures sometime in the next week and on thursday we are going to be working on it more I am really excited to see how it turns out. Hopefully my expectations don't outweigh the end result. Heather L. graciously took some really funny pictures of Gabe and Tom getting just 1 side of the bed done. They spent most of their time building saw horses.

I titled this blog Confession because God has provided a few opportunities recently for me to confess to others that my words are not appropriate or uplifting. I have just begun leading another Women's Discipleship Clinic and we spent our time talking about Titus 2 and the first characteristic mentioned about a women is that she should not be a slanderer. We are all guilty of not using our words rightly, gossiping, or tearing others down. So as I am leading discussion on this topic I was aware of needing to confess about joking with other girls about liking boys and speaking negativity about my husband.

I have had two opportunities to confess my sin this week and I have never felt this overwhelming feeling of humility as I have this week. That I am a weak broken vessel. I need Jesus to refine me and have control every area of my life in order to bring glory to him. As long as I let bitterness, anger, or criticalness cloud my thoughts about people I will be sitting in my pride waiting for it to eat me. Confession requires a humble spirit, you are going to someone and confessing the things that you have done. I am starting to see the crucial role that confession plays in growing in my dependence of God but also bringing healing and freedom to all relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment