Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Esther

Blogging...I am actually kind of starting to like it and have enjoyed hearing people's responses. This week I have actually been sad I haven't sat down and written anything. So this Sunday the sermon at our church was talking about Esther and how she is a godly women that was willing to give up everything to save God's people. You can listen to the sermon here if you missed it http://clearriverchurch.org/resources/podcasts/.

So first off I love women and I love even more Godly women and watching them seek after God. I love Esther because we get to see how God uses a Queen to save his people Israel from Death. Everything in me burns on fire when I hear her story. Justin Major-speaking pastor challenged everyone are you living a life of SACRIFICE AND SERVICE solely for God's kingdom and his desires or are you living for yourself? Esther says in 4:16 ....I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish , I perish!

Awesome, we as women are not called to be wimpy women for Jesus. We are called to be fierce lions that protect and seek after Jesus more everyday. On Sunday and a previous time of recieving prayer I have had people pray over me that they feel like I am an Esther. To me that is such an encouragement that I am not mediocre, I never want to be lazy in the eyes of Jesus. Just when we think we understand God he shows up with new ways to learn about his love, his power, his sovereignty, his grace, and his desire for our life. Esther was a Jew who became Queen and God used her in the place that he put her. Abba does not make mistakes when he puts us places, life situations, jobs, school, and so on. Earlier this year God convicted me on my negative attitude towards my job and reminded me nothing can steal my joy that he has given me and he has placed me at this job for a reason. It was him in the first place that got it for me. He has things for me to learn and people he wants me to learn.

There is a song called You'll come by Hillsong that says "chains be broken, lives be healed, eyes be opened, Christ is revealed". Each day I pray that for the women that attend Clear River and I pray that they pray it for the women in their life. Fierce women seek that the chains in their life be broken off, they ask God to open their eyes to sin, they receive prayer for healing and pray for healing in other women, and in their lives Christ is revealed and we grow in our love for Jesus.

Are you living your life to achieve your dreams? Do you know what God's purpose is for our lives? Are you letting laziness and excuses get in the way of your savior and your relationship with him? In my life right now I feel like God is opening my eyes to see how much I need to pray for my husband and for the men in our church. The more I pray for them the more God shows me that they are to lead and I don't need to try and control them or take control of situations in my life. Prayer is so powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment