Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A New Sister

Last night I met my new sister!!! For those of you who don't know my parents have been in the process of being a permanant guardian/foster care parent since January. When my parents started the process they knew the child that they would be taking.

My new sister's name is Kassy she is 9 and has been living in Georgia for the last couple of years. On Monday my parents drove down to Georgia and on Tuesday were able to pick her up. Last night at midnight my parents arrived at my house and I got to meet her. They also got to crash on our floor. I didn't get to interact with her to much except give her a hug when I first met her. I don't have a picture because we were all pretty tired when they got there.

As I lay in bed all I could think about is that there is one less child living in a place where she is not loved or cared for. She has a family again. I just prayed that God would be caring for her little heart, that she would never doubt his love for her. Yesterday I was pretty emotional about it and in the next few weeks I will go up and spend some more time getting to know her.

My parents have a long, challenging, and joyful road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment